Ya hice la solicitud de mis QSLs de confirmación via directo por medio del sistema OQRS de la página de la expedición. Con tanta tecnología que existe vamos a ver cuánto se demora la confirmación de los contactos vía LoTW y vía directa. Habrá alguna excusa para no hacerlo rápido?
· Planned on island operation: October 19 – Nov 3, 2018
o Estimated cost: ~$175,000(USD)
o Does not include operator’s travel to Mangareva, French Polynesia, accommodations, or meals
o On -island operator fee $12,000(USD) per person, plus travel
o Dave K3EL (Team Leader),and Les W2LK (Co-leaders), Gene K5GS (Treasurer), Heye DJ9RR, Mike WA6O, Jacky ZL3CW, Arnie N6HC, Steve W1SRD, Chris N6WM, Laci HA0NAR, Ricardo PY2PT, Walt N6XG, Ken NG2H, and Vadym UT6TD.
o A team of A-1 operators with extensive DX-pedition and/or contest experience
· Number of Stations: 8
· QSO Target: 80,000 – 100,000
· Bands/Modes: 160 – 6M, CW/SSB/Digital/EME – FT8
· Planned on-island: 13 – 14 days
· Equipment: Elecraft K-line
· Antennas: Various verticals and Yagis
· QSL Managers: K5GS / M0URX
o Log Search / OQRS at: www.vp6d.com
o Buro cards free
– Log uploads from the island to our on-line Log at www.vp6d.com
– LoTW upload 6 months after project end
· Commitment to Sponsors:
o Sponsor logos will appear on VP6D.com, Powerpoint presentations and QSL cards
o If provided, photos with sponsor flag and/or tee shirts
o Financial summary will be sent to Club and Foundation sponsors
o Article will be sent to each sponsoring organization that requests a copy
· Northern California DX Foundation (NCDXF) grant, Dec. 2017
· Website: www.vp6d.com
Please address questions to: Gene, k5gs
IMMEDIATE RELEASE FROM THE REPUBLIC OF KOSOVO
FAREWELL WEEKEND FROM Z60A
Since the original activity from Kosovo was much hampered by a high noise level at both locations particularly on low-bands, a team led by Pertti, OG2M, Miro, OM5RW and Rudy, OM3PC and Driton, Z61DX has put all its effort into hoisting full size verticals for this weekend from a quiet location beyond the city noise. Beverages have been built for the U.S and Japan. They are using a local cell site tower as their supporting structure.
The trio will have two signals on the air throughout the next three (3) nights, on 160, 80, 40 and 30M. In addition, they will still penetrate the 20M openings above 14025 KHz for U.S. Advanced and Generals.
Last night they were able to reach the U.S on 160M and even the West Coast on 80M with only 100 watts thanks to N6TQ and others. Tonight they will have full power.
Early this week also marked another happy occasion as six (6) more Kosovar youth took their exams for amateur radio license.
On Tuesday next week the group at Z60A will start taking apart their two sites, while the towers and beams will soon be QRV with the locals. This first radio activity of the Mission Goodwill Kosovo will soon be history.
The QSL design is in the works, and cards should start coming out by mid-April.
Thank you for interest in Kosovo and its evolving Amateur Radio.
TQSL 2.4-rc1 is now available for testing. I expect to promote this to a final release in a week unless something serious is found with this build.
I’ve been working along with ARRL staff on a major update to TrustedQSL for some time that adds some support for some critically needed enhancements, particularly related to International Grid Chase.
TQSL now uses an ARRL-supplied source of public information (when it is available) to pre-fill information on Station Locations and Callsign Certificate requests, including grid square and location information such as state, county, province, etc. Grid square entry is now validated against the location for the station’s callsign.
Another critical update fixes the most common cause of users being unable to download and use the .TQ6 file downloaded from the Logbook site in order to recover callsign certificates.
I’m asking for assistance with testing to make sure it’s ready to release to everyone. You can always uninstall and revert to TQSL 2.3.1 but any help with identifying issues with 2.4 will be helpful towards ensuring a successful release.[Note: not all localizations have not yet been updated. Some messages may appear in English. However, we now have a Hindi localization.]
If you’re willing to give this a try:
As always, thanks for the support.
Our Team expected to be QRV today March 6th, however we were disappointed to get late news from the authorities on Layang Layang that our flight to Spratly Island has been delayed by one day due to "technical reasons". We have confirmed our flight for tomorrow March 7th at 5:45AM and will be QRV as planned but one day later. We will be on the air until March 13th.
Once on Spratly Island (Swallow Reef) we will construct all antennas including phased verticals for 80 and 160 meters. We should be QRV each day for US east coast SS and SR and follow the gray line across the US. We will also be active using FT8 mode.
Right now the team is relaxing but in DXpedition mode and anxious to begin our operation. Please check club log for our daily log uploads.
We would like to thank the DX community for their support. www.yt1ad.info/9m0w/index.html
Dave WD5COV Team 9M0W
Confirmaciones recibidas hoy en MI cuenta del LoTW, (ESTACIONES TRABAJADAS SOLO ESTE FIN DE SEMANA).
La QSL es la cortesía del QSO!!
H72DX, 4O4A, F5PAC, DL2LDE, K2RH, KK7PR, K5HK, W8OTR, K0PT, N7WY, 9A3KG, N6VNI, DJ4BO, EB1IC, VE6TL, DL6LIM, S53MJ, OH7NO, VP9NM, K4QY, M6XAT, IZ3KIF, WA3SFR, DK3WJ, K6AFW, DL1EAL, JH7XWA, DG5TF, DL3OH, EA1WX, LA7HJA, S58T, F5PBM, N2GDU, S52D, LA4JGA, IK2CHZ, EA3IAA, N7MDW, W6SA, F5PBM, 9H1AE, 5B4VL, K2SN, R5AJ, K4RDU, KF4BI, WB1ASL, W5MO, K8QM, M0DHO, WA4GIF, UX2KA, F6ITD, AA5AZ, W3WTE, N4PYI, WB4CTX, WF1H, K2KJ, VA3RMV, KE8M, PU8RFL, KD8NNU, PY2FUL, PY2RJ, K1CA, VE3FBZ, DL2RD, HS1NGR, AJ8B, AD4TJ, KJ4TID, A45XR, SQ8N, DO6LE, AE4VJ, DL9MS, S59DM, F5VHQ, EA8DFQ, IZ8FFA, IK5BCM, 9A4FS, PY5EJ, IV3VNY, PE1PIN, HB9CIC, DL7UDA, ON4KVF, N3CRM, K7JJ, UX2KA, YD2GBS, N7FN, S52D, G1LQT, YD0SDD, JO3TAP, KB4QZH, W4LDP, KU4QG, EA7AH,NJ4F
March 5, 2018
MARCH 5 — The 3YØZ team members are safely home. We have been home about two weeks now, after 31 days aboard our vessel M/V Betanzos.
We have been to Bouvet Island, and as a result, we have a better appreciation for the challenges we face. It is a dark, dismal and dangerous place. Yet, when the sun shines, it is magnificent.
The most difficult thing to reflect upon is the final day offshore, when we saw the island, crystal clear in calm winds, less than a mile away. The conditions were perfect for our first reconnaissance flight and possible landing of men and camp infrastructure. But, during the violent night before, the Captain had made the decision to abort. In retrospect, his call was clairvoyant. The mechanical, propulsion failure on the ship that occurred would have brought disaster, if it resulted in some of our men being stranded ashore.
We are sure you are wondering what happens now? Well, we are not the kind of people to give up. The same thing happened when we were trying to activate Peter I in 2005. We came back the following year and with DAP’s (the vessel owner) help, we got it done.
We are optimistic about a fair settlement and a resulting refund of some of our money paid to DAP for this recent attempt to activate Bouvet. That money, and what we still have in the bank will allow us to begin making plans to try again. We have begun the difficult task of looking for a suitable vessel, and would hope to go back to Bouvet in the next year or two. Obviously, we will keep you informed.
Thank you for the hundreds of favorable and encouraging comments from our financial supporters and sponsors. No one has asked for any of their contributions back, and, in fact, many have offered additional support for the next chapter in this book. We are hopeful that those of you who have invested in this project will see fit to “roll over” your financial support to the next attempt.
So, if we can pull all the moving parts together, we are going to try it again. Hopefully, this time, with a different outcome.
73, Bob, K4UEE
All team members have arrived in Kota Kinabalu Malaysia and will have team meeting tomorrow to discuss final plans. We depart for Spratly Layang Layang early March 6th and should be QRV later in the day. We plan to be QRV on all bands 6M -160M with emphasis on the low bands 160/80M for east coast USA. To help with our high shipping costs to get all antennas and equipment to Spratly, support from the world-wide DX community would be greatly appreciated. Please visit our website www.yt1ad.info/9m0w/index.html.
Dave WD5COV / 9M0W Team
March 4 – Update
One K3 transceiver broke down. Seems that the same fault as during the previous DX-pedition. Spare KX3 is now put in operation and 2 stations are on the air. If the flight to Annobon will be confirmed for Tuesday, then on Monday they will take down the antennas and pack to be ready to move to Annobon. Fresh log upload done. 11 556 QSOs in the log.